Check Free Bill Pay
Exciting new enhancements are coming to Consumer Credit Union's Virtual Branch online bill pay system. On August 30, 2018 we will be converting from the current Virtual Branch bill pay system to Check Free Bill Pay. The switch will add lots of new features and will allow payments to be made much quicker than with the current system. A few of the new features include:
- The ability to do same day bill payments.
- If a payment by check is necessary, you will have the capability to make it arrive the next business day.
- You will be able to transfer funds to and from your Consumer Credit Union account and accounts at other financial institutions.
- The bill pay system will have a fresh new design that will allow you to group your bills into categories.
- The ability to add some of your new merchants simply by typing in the company name.
The switch to Check Free Bill Pay will occur on 8/30/2018. A timeline of events leading up to this conversion is as follows:
- The ability to send a Popmoney payment will stop on 8/23/2018. The Popmoney payment system will start back up on 8/30/2018.
- Bill Pay access will be removed for 1 dayon 8/29/2018. All of your bill payments that are set up to be paid on this day will process as normal, you will just not be able to access the system and make changes on this day.
- Access to the new Check Free Bill Pay System will start on 8/30/2018.
- You will gain access to the new system through the Virtual Branch Online Banking site just as you have always done.
- No password changes are necessary.
- All of your merchant accounts and future payments to these merchants will transfer over to the new system automatically.
- 6 month's worth of bill pay history will move over to the new system.
- Your payment date will be the day that you want your merchant to receive your payment, not the day that you want the payment to start processing.
- You get to hold your funds until the merchant receives the payment on that pay date.
Once we have moved to Check Free Bill Pay on August 30, it is important that you log in to the new bill pay system, take a look around, and make sure that all of your payee information is accurate. If not, please contact us immediately.
We hope you will enjoy the new features of Check Free Bill Pay. If you have any questions about the switch, please contact Consumer Credit Union at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 423-639-6131.